1.4kW 24V Complete Off-grid Solar Power System is the perfect ready-to-use kit for off-grid applications requiring a reliable and constant source of power for household appliances or industrial equipment in areas without access to or without stable mains electricity. This kit can provide power to small and medium household or office appliances such as a fridge, TV, radio, lights, computer, hoover, microwave or a kettle, with occasional use of high power appliances such as tools or a washing machine (cold wash). This may vary significantly according to the location and season.
This complete off-grid kit has been expertly designed to maximise efficiency and output and therefore comes equipped with some of our most premium quality products; including four powerful 360W solar panels, an advanced 24V 300Ah battery bank and a state-of-the-art Iconica hybrid power inverter - an intelligent combination of a high efficiency MPPT solar charge controller, pure sine wave inverter and smart mains battery charger in one single unit.
- 4 x 360W monocrystalline solar panels each with 0.9m solar cable and MC4 connectors
- Iconica Hybrid 3000W 24V pure sine wave inverter
- 7.2kWh 24V 300Ah battery bank - comprised of 12 x 2V AGM batteries
- 120A fuse or circuit breaker
- A pair of 10m 6mm2 solar extension cables with MC4 connectors
- 2m of 35mm2 tinned copper battery cables
- Metal plate connectors and loose ring terminals
4 x Monocrystalline 360W Solar Panels:
The four high efficiency 360W solar panels included in the kit are amongst the largest and most powerful solar panels available on the UK and worldwide market. The panels feature thick innovative 5 busbar solar cells, which are more efficient than the 2, 3 or 4 busbar solar cells used in other solar panels, and are able to extract more power from the same surface area. Each solar panel is also fitted with 2 x 0.9m of 4mm2 cable with MC4 connectors on the end. These can be used for easy connection to the solar extension cable included with the kit.
3000W 24V Iconica Hybrid Inverter:
This inverter intelligently combines the functions of a 3000W pure sine wave inverter, 60A MPPT solar charge controller and a 60A smart battery charger in one single unit:
1. 3000W 24V Pure sine wave inverter: Converts DC current from the solar panels into 230V AC mains electricity, to run various household appliances such as a TV, laptop, lighting, fans etc. Able to generate 3000VA of continuous power with a strong peak power handling capability of up to 6000VA (to start appliances with electric motors). This inverter is a pure sine wave type, which easily surpasses modified sine wave inverters in terms of efficiency and compatibility with a wider range of appliances.
2. Inbuilt 60A MPPT Solar charge controller:The high efficiency MPPT controller regulates the input from the solar panels to the batteries or to load, with a full range of safety functions including protection against overcharge, overheating, reverse current etc. The controller operates at up to 98% efficiencyto extract the maximum possible power from the solar array.
3. Enhanced 60A Smart battery charger:Designed to enable safe and efficient and fast (up to 60A) unattended charging of the battery bank from a mains power source or generator, with full overcharge protection and multiple charging stages.
Additional features: This model also features an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), and can accept input from the solar panels, mains power/ a generator and the battery bank - either from a single or combination of input sources.
The inverter is supplied with a PC connection cable and PC software CD for convenient viewing of important system information, and can also be connected to a Wi-Fi connection kit or 3G connection kit (purchased separately) to unlock access to SMS / email status updates for the inverter, remote system monitoring from any location and much more.
7.2kWh 24V 300Ah AGM Battery Bank:
The advanced 24V 300Ah battery bank included in this kit is comprised of 12 x 2V high quality AGM batteries and complete with metal plate connectors for instant connection. This battery bank features 2V batteries, offering important advantages over battery banks made up of 12V batteries including a longer service life and deeper discharge capability.
This kit also includes 2m positive and negative 35mm2 tinned copper battery cables with loose ring terminals for connecting the inverter to the battery bank, a 120A fuse or circuit breaker for use between the hybrid inverter and the battery bank, 10m solar extension cable with MC4 connectors to connect to the existing 0.9m of solar cable fitted to the solar panels and metal plate connectors for connection of the battery bank.
Solar panel specifications (per solar panel):
- Peak power: 360W
- Maximum power voltage: 38.90V
- Maximum power current: 9.25A
- Open circuit voltage: 47.9V
- Short circuit current: 9.75A
- Power tolerance: 0/+3%
- Dimensions: 195 x 99 x 4 cm
- Weight: 23 kg
- Mounting holes for installation
- 2 x 0.9m of high quality single core solar cable 4.0mm² cross section
- Male and female MC4 compatible connectors
Hybrid inverter specifications:
- Nominal battery voltage: 24V
- Continuous power output: 3000W / 3000VA
- Surge power: 6000VA
- Output voltage: 230V AC
- Output frequency: 50Hz /60 Hz
- Output waveform: Pure sine wave
- Maximum solar input power: 1500W
- Maximum open circuit solar input voltage: 145V
- Maximum solar charging current: 60A
- MPPT operating voltage range: 30V – 115V
- Maximum mains AC charging current: 60A
- Maximum combined charging current: 120A
- Peak efficiency: 93%
- Operating temperature: -10C to 50C
- Supplied with a PC connection cable and PC software CD
- Terminals for mains power connection
- Size: 44 x 30 x 10 cm
- Weight: 9.5 kg
Battery bank specifications (per 2V battery):
- Nominal Voltage: 2V
- Nominal capacity: 300Ah (10hr rate) / 330Ah (20h rate)
- Maximum charging current: 60A
- Initial charging current: up to 60A
- Cycle lifetime at 30% D.O.D.: 1000
- Internal Resistance (In full charge status): 0.98m
- Pressure control: safety valve installed
- Terminal type: F18/F31, with M10 bolts
- Operating temperature: from -10°C to +40°C
- Supplied with metal plate connectors
- Dimensions (excluding terminals): 171 x 151 x 334 mm
- Dimensions (including terminals): 171 x 151 x 365 mm
- Weight: 16.8Kg
(entire 24V battery bank):
- Nominal voltage: 24V
- Nominal capacity: 7.2kWh
- Maximum charging current: 60A
- Charging voltage: cycle use 14.1V / standby use 13.7V
- Temperature compensation: cycle use -30mV/°C, standby use -18mV/°C
- Size: 1835 x 171 x 365 mm (default) / 920 x 352 x 365 mm (can be arranged with additional connectors)
- Weight: 204 kg