The range From 10wp to 120wp, PV Logic Flexi is well suited for use where a super robust, low profile and lightweight panel is needed, or the substrate to which the panel will be fixed has a slight curve. Ideal for marine buoys, boat decks, camper vans etc. The Flexi offers the following advantages:
• self-healing top surface The ETFE top layer gives the PV Logic Flexi extra resilience in really tough conditions. ETFE has a memory effect or self-healing capacity in the event the panel comes into contact with branches etc, thus ensuring any slight abrasions are ‘healed’ within a few hours. The Flexi range can even be walked on with soft deck shoes! During production the ETFE is dimpled to further protect the panel and provide an anti-slip surface, particularly useful if the panel is fitted to a boat deck.
• completely waterproof Each panel is assembled to ensure complete encapsulation. This ensures the 6 layer heavy duty laminate protects the solar cell circuit from extreme conditions. The junction box is also injected with special silicon, guaranteeing no water ingress.
• cells protected from hot spots. Where used on a camper van or boat, partial shading of a solar panel is typical. In these circumstances, heat build-up and damaging hot spots can occur leading to a significantly reduced life cycle of the panel. The larger 60w and 80w PV Logic Flexi panels have up to two shading diodes housed within the fully waterproof junction box to prevent this occurrence.
• superior design There are no square edges on a PV Logic Flexi! Rounded panel corners and a unique curved junction box provide superior adhesion, no snag lamination and no sharp edges. The junction box is mechanically fixed in addition to being bonded to the panel. Strain relief is provided for the fitted 4m UV stabilised PV cable ensuring it cannot be accidentally pulled from the junction box.
• easy fix The Flexi range can be bonded to flat or slight curved surfaces (3cm curve per metre) such as painted aluminium, metal, GRP and fibreglass using Simson ISR 70-03. The aluminium layer is also pre-drilled with 4.5mm holes should the panel need to be mechanically fixed as well as or instead of bonding.